Nigerian Medical Colleges To Bring Scientific Evidence To Herbal Medicine

Nigeria's health minister, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu has announced that medical schools across Nigeria will soon be asked to incorporate herbal medicine into the curricula. Speaking in Abuja, the minister said the move is essential to enhance the standard of Nigeria's health sector.


He noted that healthcare in Nigeria can benefit from standard international practices by bringing empirical and scientific evidences to herbal medicine.

"The idea by people using herbs thinking that they have found cure for HIV/AIDS, without medical evidence, hindered growth of the nation’s health sector," the minister said.

"Research is important; we have research through major research institutes, they have been a lot of research on malaria, cholera epidemic, non-communicable diseases. Now, anytime the ministry gets people who say they have found the cure for HIV/AIDS, I write to the D-G National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD).

"If you go today you will see people who are working, they are analysing what Nigerians are plagued with, and the only thing is that medicine has to be evidence based. But we must move ahead in this country; we have done enough research to prove that yes there some goodness in some other thing. Take for instance the issue of traditional medicine, why have we not moved forward? It is because we do many things that we can’t cope with. So herbal medicine is going to be in the medicine school and that is where we can truly say we have captured that aspect,” the minister said.

5 comments:

  1. HELLO, i want to share this wonderful testimony to the world as a whole in case there is some body in this same situation. i was diagnosed of HIV in the year 2009 until i meant testimony online by a woman with name Anita about a man called Dr Aluta , i was not too sure if it was real until i contacted him my self . I thought that there was never a cure for my deadly ailment but Dr Aluta told me that his herbs could cure me, and then i decided to give him a try, he then told me that once i start taking his herbs, that it will only take me some days to be cured, i believed him and took the herb with faith. after he gave me the medication, i took it and i was feeling some new signs in my body and i decided to go for a test and the result stated that i was HIV negative, i was very happy and even called my pastor and told him about it, i am very happy that i am now HIV negative and i am also happy that i will not be celebrating this Christmas as an HIV patient as i have did for the past 4 years, so help me say a very big thank you to Doctor Aluta for saving me from the hands of the deadly ailment. if you are also in this type of situation and you are seeking for solution, seek no more for you have received the right information you have been wanting for a very long time in this type of issues you are very free to contact Dr. Aluta today through his private email: alutaspelltemple@hotmail.com or call him on his mobile number : +2348077526430. i strongly believe that he will help you out just as he did mine, stay cool and God bless Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance.

    email: ALUTASPELLTEMPLE@HOTMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in UK.This is a testimony I want to make.I was an HIV positive for 8 years taking anti retrovirus.As I was reading online some 5 months ago I saw a testimony on cure of HIV. I decided to give a try.Now as am telling you am very negative tested 4 times in 5 months after finishing mu cure.The cure is a pure herbs from Africa shipped to me through DHL.My cure took about 5days.Dear brothers and sisters if you are out there, please the cure is out and rush to have yours.If you are interested, email the researcher using dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com I will encourage every person who come across this mail to cure yourself if you are positive dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in USA.This is a testimony i want to make.I was an HIV positive for 8 years taking anti retrovirus.As i was reading online some 5 months ago i saw a testimony on cure of HIV.I decided to give a try.Now as am telling you am very negative tested 4 times in 5 months after finishing me cure.The cure is a pure herbs from India shipped to
    me through DHL.My cure took 1 day.Dear brothers and sisters if you are out there, please the cure is out and rush to have yours.If you are interested,email the researcher using dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com I will encourage every person who come across this mail to cure yourself if you are positive dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. DR sukuju is the only Dr who could ever get my HIV-
    AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost
    everything but i couldn’t find any solution on my
    disease, despite all these happening to me, i always
    spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and
    taking some several medications but no relieve, until
    one day i was just browsing on the internet when i
    come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said
    that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed
    that very week through the help of these great
    powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really
    wonder why people called him Papa sukuju, i never
    knew it was all because of the great and perfect work
    that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i
    quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few
    questions and he said a thing i will never forget that
    anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or
    her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you,
    so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so
    i did all things only to see that at the very day which
    he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left
    me before rush back and i becomes very strong and
    healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of
    me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the
    disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am
    very amazed and happy about the healing Dr sukuju
    gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can
    email him now for your own healing too at:
    Drsukujuspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on
    +2348107106668
    Thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Mathew

    ReplyDelete