Crisis in NMA, president resigns

The president of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Dr. Kayode Obembe, has tendered his resignation from the position following internal discord within the association over the decision to suspend the association's one month old strike.



In a clarification notice, he said he stood by the publication posted on the association's blog announcing the suspension of the strike. But since he could not support the call for the continuation of the strike, he said he decided to turn in his resignation letter.

He said: "There has been a request for clarification about two postings from NMA Secretariat on NMA blog.

"I want to make it categorically clear that I stand by every letter of the document I signed - "That the strike was suspended". And since upon my integrity and honour, I cannot continue to drive the doctrine that "Strike Continues", I hereby tender my letter of resignation as NMA President.

"What I have written, I have written."

0 comments:

Post a Comment